Saturday, May 13, 2006

Wrists!



I made myself a pair of wrist warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and loved them so much that I started knitting them for everyone I know (to date, my mother, Eliza, and Diane, a professor who's helped me out a lot). Mine are in navy Berroco Softwist wool/rayon, my mom's are the same yarn in red, Eliza's are grey Plymouth Suri Merino and Diane's are pink Plymouth Suri Merino. For each pair I cast on 36 (pattern calls for only 32). The first three pairs were made on size 3 - they were wide enough, but a bit short. I added a few rows of ribbing in pattern for each. Diane's are really great, made on size 6. I used the spiral rib pattern for all but Eliza's, who wanted plain straight double ribbing. I used DPNs instead of two circular needles which the pattern recommends, because I love my clover bamboo DPNs! It is very important to cast on and bind off loosely for this project. Pictures of mine and Diane's are here, Eliza's to follow (she claims she has some great pictures of her wearing them in Beijing in January). Eliza has requested a second pair that is a bit longer in both directions and has a smaller thumb hole.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

I love mine so much! I will email you a picture of me in Beijing right now.