Thursday, May 11, 2006

Monkey Bag



This bag was a christmas present for my sister. The pattern, Cocktail Monkey, is from Knitty. I knit it exactly as the pattern is written. Knitting with hemp is a pain in the butt. It is very stiff and rough on the hands. If I were to knit this again, I might try soaking the hemp first. Cocktail Monkeys are surprisingly hard to find. I called or visited three party stores and three liquor stores. You can buy them online, but you have to buy a whole lot of them. I finally found them for sale (ten cents each, I believe) at Joie de Vivre near Porter Square in Cambridge, MA. I found the fringe at a generic craft store, but it took a lot of hunting, since the staff had no idea what or where it was. I'm really pleased by the way this came out, though.

No comments: