Friday, June 15, 2007

A new title!

Since I'll be moving in the fall and switching fields (goodbye linguistics, hello computer science), it seemed as good a time as any for a blog name change. It seems especially fitting that I learned a new way to purl yesterday, and I'm starting to get used to it. It's faster, but it makes the stitches backwards in the next row. I haven't decided whether that slows my knit rows down a bit, but I think in general it will make things faster once I've got it down. I've gotten things backwards nearly every time I've had to slip a stitch and had to take a moment to think about it and do repairs, but I suspect I'll figure that one out soon, too.

On the perl side of things (full disclosure: perl is not my language of choice, but knit and python didn't quite have the same ring to it), I registered for classes today, another step towards my new computer scientist self.

No comments: